In my Lightweight Judo DVD Review, I have analyzed Mohan Bam’s online judo tutorials that claim to make you a super fit and strong judoka in a matter of days.
The main highlight of this digital guide is to provide you the edge that you require to defeat your opponents each and every time. Moreover, it allows even lightweight and feeble looking judokas to get a win over much healthier and stronger opponents.
As I am an avid combat sports enthusiast, I could not miss out on the opportunity to try out what this guide had to teach me. So, I ordered Mohan’s eBook and started to go through it. Here is my analysis:
Lightweight Judo eBook Review
Name of the Product – Lightweight Judo
Type of Product – Digital
Name of the Author – Mohan Bam
Target Niche – People Wanting to Learn Judo at Home
Bonus Offers – Yes 3 Guides Included
Money Back Guarantee – Yes for 60 Days
User Feedback – Positive
LeanAndFit Reviewer Rating – 4.8 Out of 5 Stars
Mohan Bam’s Lightweight Judo
As I have already mentioned in the brief introduction, Lightweight Judo is a digital guide compiled by leading judoka Mohan Bam. The main aim behind the compilation of this guide is to help ordinary individuals gain an added advantage over their opponents.
The crux of the course is to develop mentally feeble and physically weaker students into strong judokas. While this is not at all an easy task, the author of this guide is confident of achieving this goal.
Who is Mohan Bam?
Mohan Bam is of Nepalese origin. He has been actively participating in Judo and Sambo competitions for the past several years. Mohan happens to have won the Sambo as well as Judo championship several times in Nepal. He is also a certified judo coach.
Surprisingly, Mohan Bam is not a very large combat specialist. He stands five foot one inches tall and weights a meager 120 pounds. Despite this handicap, he manages to take down opponents twice his size. He holds a second degree black belt in Judo.
He has been practicing and perfecting throwing techniques that can flip a heavyweight opponent in split second. So, even a light weight judoka can accomplish the impossible task of throwing a much heavier opponent without injuring himself.
How are these DVD’s Different?
First and foremost, Mohan has devised his online martial arts training program with the help of Olympic judo champion Matt D’Aquino. Therefore, each and every technique and move that have been showcased in these video tutorials are perfected and simple to learn.
Mohan has even gone to the extent of filming his judo throws with Matt being his opponent. This allows users to completely understand the dynamics of the throws. Both the teachers are champions in the sport. They are well versed in displaying the moves in the simplest and a perfectionist fashion.
Judo Techniques used by Mohan Bam
Mohan is using several unique techniques to throw his opponent off balance. One of the most common moves that he incorporates in his judo fights is called ‘morote seoi’.
>>> With the help of morote seoi, Mohan uses several ways to throw his opponent off balance. Most of these throws allow your opponent to falsely feel as though they are in complete control. This is when why this technique is so effective and deadly.
>>> Mohan also uses several grip techniques to keep his opponent under his control. Most judokas know that Mohan is not a large man. He is small and is physically weaker than most of his opponents. Owing to the very reason, he has devised various unique grips to take his opponent down in a jiffy.
>>> Most of his throws require zero strength and power. Everything is dependent on technique. Mohan pays a lot of attention in using the opponent’s body weight and body movements to generate the throws. So, regardless of your size and strength, you can do the same.
>>> Ouchi gari as well as ‘kouchi gari’ fighting styles are also used by Mohan to defeat his opponents. These techniques are ideal for throwing your attacker off balance. It simply unsettles your competitor thereby allowing you to get an edge over your competition.
Highlights of this Online Judo Lesson:
When I first watched the Lightweight Judo DVD, I was in complete awe of the program. Hence, I immediately began to go through it all over again. This is when I was able to list out its brownie points.
Here is what I learnt from this DVD tutorial:
@ This program taught me to fight the best judo of my life. Regardless of the fact that I am light in weight, this online training allowed me to perform like a true champion on the mat.
@ Mohan’s take down techniques had nothing to do with muscle strength and agility. I managed to take down all my opponents using timing and the body movements of the attacker.
@ Regardless of how strong and large my opponents were, I successfully threw them onto the ground. Basically, Mohan’s strategy works rather well on opponents who are bigger and stronger then you.
@ The ability to setup an attack is covered rather well in this online guide. I could toss people around like never before.
@ I had 60 days to determine whether I would like to continue using Mohan’s online judo classes or not. If I disliked the guide, I could return it and get my money back.
How Much do You Pay?
Mohan Bam’s Lightweight Judo DVD has a special pricing. You can get hold of this digital guide for a meager sum of $14.95 only. This also includes four bonus guides that are provided free of any charge along with the main book.
The Bonus Guides:
You get to keep three bonus guides when you order the main program. Let me throw some light on what each of them has to offer:
>>> Bonus DVD # 1 – The first DVD is all about grips. This video is all about gripping your opponent in the correct manner. When you learn grips, you can throw any opponent off balance.
This DVD is thirty nine minutes in length and is meant for beginner, intermediate as well as advanced level judokas.
>>> Bonus DVD # 2 – The second guide teaches you the art of working out using battle ropes. This DVD showcases ten of the toughest battle rope exercises that can make you a super efficient judoka.
Olympian Matt D’Aquino shall be teaching you the correct way to execute these battle rope exercises. The explosiveness required in judo is also taught in this guide via the means of 15 unique movements.
>>> Bonus DVD # 3 – Osto Gari and the correct way to perform this style is taught in the third and final bonus DVD. Matt D’Aquino would teach you this art.
In this guide, Matt shall be showcasing eight unique ways of performing Osto Gari. In order to make you understand each move clearly, you shall be shown this move from eight different angles.
@ You learn lesser known secrets on judo. This guide reveals inside secrets from Olympic level judokas.
@ Mohan Bam’s Lightweight Judo DVD is meant exclusively for light weight and comparatively feeble opponents.
@ You master the art of tossing opponents twice your size and strength in a jiffy.
@ Each throw and judo movement is based on timing and technique. The use of physical power and force is completely avoided.
@ Mohan Bam is a second degree black belt in judo. He also holds several Nepalese titles in Sambo and Judo.
@ Matt D’Aquino too is involved in this online judo training program. He is a former Olympian in this sport.
@ This online judo lesson cost just $14.95. Most judo lovers can easily afford to pay this price.
@ 60 day full money back guarantee backs this guide.
@ The option of Mohan coaching you face to face is not available.
@ If you dislike the sport of judo, buying this digital guide may not be a wise option.
@ You would have to practice to perfect your game. This guide cannot miraculously transform you into a champion judoka.
How Does Judo Benefit You?
The game of judo has its own benefits. Founded in Japan several centuries ago and made into an Olympic sport in the year 1964, Judo has a long history to boast off.
When you play judo, you tend to develop immense physical strength, a flexible body and mental strength. After all, you need to hold, throw, pin, choke and control your opponent.
There are several other ways in which you can benefit physically and mentally from this sport.
I shall throw light on a few such benefits:
The Physical Benefits of Judo:
1) You Become Physically Fit: With so much physical involvement, the sport of judo tends to make you physically fit. Increased blood flow helps boost cardiovascular health. This in turn helps your other ‘vital organs’ to function smoothly.
2) Your Stamina Gets a Boost: Throwing your opponent onto the ground and pinning him requires stamina. You definitely need a lot of gas to stay onto the mat fighting your opponent constantly. Consistent judo practice allows your stamina level to increase significantly.
3) Optimal Agility is Achieved: As you need to flip your opponent using various techniques, judo automatically makes your muscles and joints supple. Flexibility is the key ingredient in achieving success in judo.
4) You tend to Get Faster: Speed is the key to achieve success in this game. You need to be ‘lightening quick’ in order to pin down your opponent. Hence, your reflexes are honed while practicing judo.
5) Strength and Co-Ordination Improves Dramatically: Muscle power has a major role to play in developing your judo skills. You need to have a strong body in order to pin your opponent. Judo throws also ensures that your mind to body co-ordination improves.
6) Body Balance Improves: Stability is an important ingredient in judo. Until and unless you have complete stability on your body, you cannot hope to play this sport. With time & practice, your body balance automatically improves.
7) Belief in Self: When you play judo, your belief in your abilities improves several folds. As you improve in your martial arts discipline, you tend to get more confident.
The Mental Benefits of Judo:
1) You Achieve Emotional Control: When you practice judo regularly, your mind is at ease. The mental soothing that judo provides, allows you to have complete control over your feelings. Your impulse meter also slows down and your emotions are always in check.
2) Developing a Competitive Spirit: When you practice judo, you learn more about competitive spirit. You realize the competition that lies ahead of you when you face an opponent on the mat. This in turn helps develop awareness within you.
3) Conquering Your Inner Fear: Judo is a competitive sport that preaches self defense. When your body becomes a weapon, you tend to conquer all your fears effectively. Your new founded courage also helps you overcome daily hurdles in life rather easily.
4) You Develop Compassion: Judo is a gentleman’s sport. It teaches you ethics that need to be followed while playing the sport. While you do become stronger than your opponent, you also develop compassion and the courage to defend the weak & the oppressed.
5) Social Skills are Development: Judo has the knack of developing your social skills to a great extent. You also become a part of the 22 million strong judo practitioners across the globe.
6) You Understand the Value of Friendship: Judo is a team sport and your opponent is also considered a friend. So, long lasting relationships are bound to develop and you realize their true worth.
Is this Guide Good for You?
The review on Mohan Bam’s Lightweight Judo DVDaims to provide important information on this digital product. You would really like to watch this video is you want to excel in the sport. Moreover, this online course works wonders if you are physically weaker than your opponents.
It has also been noticed that most people would usually avoid working hard if they realize that their physical stature does not match with that of their training partner. Nonetheless, succumbing and giving-up is not an option here.
Mohan Bam and Matt showcase judo throws that require timing and absolutely zero power. The price tag of $14.95 for this digital coaching program is affordable. Moreover, the $14.95 you pay is covered 60 days from the date you place the order.
The only drawback is that this guide is not meant for people who dislike sports (especially judo). Apart from this, everything else seems to speak in favor of Mohan’s guide.
So, if you are a lightweight judoka aspiring to toss large guys like bowling pins then, do not hesitate to watch Mohan Bam’s online judo throws DVD’s!