DABKE 101 eBook Review throws light on a unique program that helps you master the DABKE dance art via specialized online classroom lessons.
This special online dance class has been put together by Samir Hassan. He along with his associate Youssef, have displayed all forms of DABKE dance and explained each and every move in a detailed and “easy to learn” manner.
What is DABKE?
This art form is the national dance of Lebanon. It is also followed in Iraq, Jordan as well as in Syria. In Lebnon, this dance form evolved and developed simply owing to the change in weather, wherein people residing in the area, developed a specialized dance form that helped them rebuild their homes.
This dance is performed in Lebnon to depict the shape of the houses (flat roofs with branches topped with mud).
Whenever the weather changed, the mud on the roofs would crack and would require to be fixed. This would require people holding hands, then form a line and then stomp their foot on the roof, so as to fix the broken mud and repair it.
Legend has it that even though the house belonged to someone else, the entire village would get together and stomp onto the roof to fix the broken mud. This is why, in Lebanon, the entire village is like a complete family. With times, the structure of houses started to change and the dance form was not required to fix the house. Nonetheless, the DABKE dance form was passed down from one generation to another and it is quite popular in the Middle Eastern nations.
The only difference in today’s dance form is that nowadays, the dancers face the audience and form a single line. There is one leader of this pack, called the “Lawweeh” and he is supposed to be the most talented and experienced dancer of the pack.
The Problems Associated with DABKE
The biggest problem that DABKE dance form faces is the lack of learning opportunities. You can look up Google, YouTube and online classes and you would be disappointed to find that there is no structured course dedicated to this art form. In case you are a fortunate human being, you may find a studio class, wherein you pay a visit to the teacher on a daily basis and pay him/her a fee per session.
In case you manage to join a group training session, you would find it rather impossible to keep pace with the rest of the group (especially if you happen to be newbie). In a nutshell, learning the Dabke dance form is next to impossible as there is no structured tutorial available online and very few studios offer to teach this art physically. Even those studies who do teach this art are very expensive to afford, as the teachers there charge a hell lot of money for each session.
DABKE 101 eBook Review – Why Choose Samir Hassan?
The solution to your problem is in the form of a structured online Dabke tutorial offered by Samir Hassan. This man has over 10 years of teaching Dabke dance art in a professional manner. He pays visits to various cities and teaches this dance form. He has trained several dancer, who have also performed for the President of France. He has also attended as well as hosted, several workshops for the same purpose.
Samir Hassan is a well known Dabke dance professional and he has the required knowledge as well as expertise, to ensure that you are taught this dance form in a simple and efficient manner. In fact, newbie dancers too can master this dance form by following the step-by-step instructions that have been provided in Samir’s dance tutorials. Samir’s dance troupe has also performed in hundreds of shows, weddings and in 8 different countries across the globe.
Some Reasons why Samir Hassan is the # 1 Choice for Teaching DABKE –
@ He has undertaken over one hundred Dabke dance performances in various countries.
@ He established a group in the year 2012 called, Al-Awda Dabke group. He is also the president as well as the head trainer of this group.
@ He has been actively coaching students in this art form since the year 2011.
@ He has participated and hosted several dance performances in leading countries such as Canada, Jordan, France, Palestine, Britain and Norway.
@ Since the year 1999, he has been helping directors choreograph Dabke dance performances in various countries.
@ In the year 2000, he performed at the Nativity Church, which is located in Palestine.
@ He has performed amidst audience that number thousands.
@ He has performed in front of Yasser Arafat as well as other leading dignitaries during the celebration of Women’s Day.
@ He also performed for the French president.
@ He has also won several awards for his dance performances.
Popular Mistakes while Performing DABKE Dance Form
While there are several mistakes people make while performing this dance form, the popular ones are listed below –
a) Most people tend to dance in a Palestinian manner, as they are not fully aware that this dance form is symbolic to Lebanese wedding. Hence, they tend to copy the moves of Palestinian dance and incorporate this into their normal dance moves.
b) Most individuals participating in this dance are usually indulging in individual dance acts, which make the entire theme incorrect.
c) The third mistake is the timing. In order to perform this dance properly, you need to have proper footsteps. Unless and until your footwork is in sync, the dance form shall not be considered appropriate.
d) The forth mistake that most people make is with regards to their body posture. In order to perform DABKE, you need to be uniform in nature. Simple acts like maintaining a straight line and keeping your shoulders straight and in an upward motion can make a drastic difference between dancing properly and dancing inappropriately.
What are People Saying about Samir’s Tutorials?
Students who have been taught by Samir have very high opinion about this course and the manner in which they have been taught the art.
1) Mona, a student says that Samir’s classes really helped her develop the correct dancing style. She also stated that Samir was the only individual who managed to teach her the real Middle Eastern Dabke dance style. She is now confident of performing this art anywhere without any hassle.
2) Mohammad, another student, is of the opinion that Samir’s classes are ideally meant for transforming a novice into a trained professional dancer. The dance instructions are very easy to comprehend and simple to execute. He also went on to say that Samir is able to teach different Dabke styles, such as Lebanese, Palestinian, Iraqis etc.
3) Amer Khanfer, a student of Dabke 101 classes, says that Samir has helped keep the traditional dance form of Palestine alive. He also praised the patience as well as the motivational ability of Samir that helped him master this art easily.
4) Anas Hasan is of the opinion that although he did not spend much time with the tutorials, he still managed to perfect his dance form to a great extent.
5) Ruaa, another student, said that she managed to get hold of Samir via online search and after following a few tutorial lessons, she feels that she is fit to perform at wedding parties. In fact, she claims that she can be a lead dancer in weddings.
6) Malek, another student, is of the opinion that although he trained with Samir only twice a week, he is able to master the art of Dabkah dancing. He also liked the manner in which Samir taught the skills.
What is Included in These Tutorials?
1) DABKE Video Library – The first content of this tutorial is a video library that contains an 80 minute video session that teaches 10 unique dance moves. You are also taught 3 different dance forms as well. In this tutorial, different dance moves have been covered using different zooms, angles as well as speeds. This greatly enhances the learning curve.
2) Dabke 101 Quick Start Checklist – This is a specialized checklist that has all the details showcased in the videos compiled in the form of an easy-to-understand register.
3) The Music Channel – This module contains a list of songs that are best suited for Dabke performance. Only those songs that gel with this dance form are present. This is a song library that is growing at a steady pace.
4) Dabke 101 Video Channel – In this module, you shall be presented with videos that are being constantly posted at YouTube. Besides providing you with more information, these videos shall also inspire you to learn this dance form.
The Money Saving Factor and the 3 Tier 100% Risk Free Guarantee
Samir Hassan is of the opinion that in order to master Dabke dance, you would be required to attend 20 lessons spanning one hour each. Each session costs you $100 (at least) in a studio, which in turn implies $2000 for the entire course. Nonetheless, in his course, you are provided with 80 videos, 3 unique routines and 10 dance movements. Besides, in this course, you shall be given knowledge and skill development, like never before. Last but not the least, Samir Hassan’s course costs a meager $37.
Four layers of guarantee also protect the students –
The First Layer – The moment you sign up, you have access to the introductory video. You also get instant access to the VIP area.
The Second Layer – Just 3 weeks into the training and Samir claims that you shall witness a drastic improvement in your dancing skills. Such improvements cannot be achieved at a studio class via a “one on one” personal training session.
The Third Layer – Samir also claims that within a span of 60 days of starting off with his training class, you shall be probed by your friends regarding your secret to success. Your skills shall be of a professional level by then.
The Fourth Layer – In case you are not fully satisfied with the program, you are free to seek a complete refund, within 60 days of signing up.
FAQ on Samir Hassan’s DABKE Dance Course
Q – 1: What is the Duration of my training?
A – 1: You shall be attending this class twice a week. Nonetheless, as per Samir, this is sufficient as each jump, each step and movement has been explained in great detail. With the aid of the correct technique and right combinations, your learning speed shall be several times faster than that of any other individual.
Q – 2: What if I have to opt out of the training due to unavoidable circumstances?
A – 2: You have the freedom to opt out of the course and even seek a complete refund within a 60 day period. No questions shall be asked, if you choose to do so.
Q – 3: What do I require to begin training?
A – 3: You need a computer system, an internet connection and an open space to practice.
Q – 4: I am a beginner. Is this training meant for me?
A – 4: Yes, this is a training session that has been compiled to ensure that a newbie becomes a professional Dabke dancer at warp speed.
Q – 5: What if I am an old person?
A – 5: Age is not a concern. Even if you are 60 years old, you can learn this dance art.
Q – 6: Is this a good exercise and can I repeat the course?
A – 6: Yes, the music and dance moves shall help energize your body besides making you flexible. You can also repeat this course over and over again, if you like. Practice would only help in perfecting your skills.
Q – 7: How soon can I get started?
A – 7: You can get started instantly. The course material can be downloaded onto your computer and you can be up and running in a few minutes.
Should You Invest Your Time in this Program?
If you are keen to learn the Dabke dance form, then this is the most cost effective and easy to understand program that has been devised by a world renowned Dabke artist. On the other hand, if you are not keen on learning this art and are simply testing it before chucking it for another hobby, it is advised that you do not opt for it.